To shamelessly self promote, I wanted to mention my EclispeCon talk entitled Aspects Everywhere: Using Equinox Aspects to Provide Language Developers with Deep Eclipse Integration. It is about how we (the AJDT team) have used AspectJ and Equinox Aspects to overcome the limitations of JDT and make it more extensible to third parties.
You may want to check this out if:
- You use AspectJ or AJDT
- You are interested in using Equinox Aspects and want to find out how it can be used
- You are a language developer who wants to integrate tooling support into Eclipse and JDT
And if you are interested in anything Spring or AspectJ, please join us for our Bof: Spring on Eclipse: AspectJ, STS, and SpringIDE.
Some other talks that I am planning on attending are:
- What's New in Equinox Aspects (unfortunately, this one is running concurrently with my talk, but we're trying to change that)
- Mylyn: Redefining the “I” of the IDE
- Scala Modules - Ease the OSGi development with a Scala DSL